Over a career spanning over 30 years, he has contributed in:
- Dissemination of energy-efficient/less polluting brick firing technologies in several thousand brick kilns in South Asia (India, Nepal, Bangladesh).
- Dissemination of solutions for energy efficient, low carbon and thermally comfortable residential buildings in the building industry.
- Monitoring and analyzing operational & embodied energy of buildings, carbon footprint and thermal properties of building materials, energy and environment performance of building material manufacturing enterprises.
- Development of the national code (Eco-Niwas Samhita or Energy Conservation Code for Residential Buildings) and policies, roadmaps and programmes on sustainable buildings, resource efficient building materials & decentralized renewable energy applications.
- Designing and conducting capacity building programmes for professionals (architects, engineers, government officials) and entrepreneurs.
- He holds a degree in BE (Mech) from MNIT, Jaipur followed by M.Tech & Ph.D. degrees in Energy Systems Engineering from IIT, Bombay.